1427 Haight St
San Francisco, CA 94117
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Le Merde’s new mascot-scale vinyl figure named "Burgerbuns", Super7 is playing host to a HUGE custom toy show on this very figure featuring some amazing works by top notch artists including: Kiyoka Ikeda, Naoya Ikeda, Chanmen, KaToPe. Buta No Hana, Dehara, Uamou, Le Merde, Brian Flynn, Bwana Spoons, LASH, Kozik, David Horvath & Sun-Min, Josh Herbolsheimer, Martin Ontiveros, Kiyoshi Nakazawa, Brandt Peters, Kathie Olivas, Koji "Cometdebris" Harmon, Dead Presidents, L'Amour Supreme, Aiyana Udesen, Itokin Park, John Black, Johnny Ryan, Leecifer, Arbito, Snaggs, Skinner, Buff Monster, Sucklord, Matt Furie,Tim Biskup, Cupco, MCA, and Paul Kaiju.
Nemo has just been killing the tiki-themed customs and the traditional tiki carvings from wood latley, and seeing as Hello Kitty is "Hip" these days as it's Sanrio's 50th anniversary of Hello Kitty, it really seems only fitting for Nemo to tackle this vinyl platform... and boy did he ever! I absolutely love what he does with this theme and I can;t wait to see more... in fact it appears that Tenacious Toys and Nemo have teamed up for a whole series of releases so stay tuned for that. In the meantime if you love the one pictured above, it can be yours... just head on over HERE to give this custom a new home!
Ashley Wood continues on his path of steady releases every month and now what was teased a few days ago has been revealed a new Tommy and Zomb from the Adventure Kartel series. Titled "Shadow" Tommy & Terence "the intellectuals choice" Zomb, this is set to release as a 2pack... who, what, when, where, and why... all of this is yet to be answered, but you can almost guarentee these will drop via Bambaland Store at an unexpected time and day, so keep them peepers open. Oh, and how sick does this "Inky" set look... FANTASTIC!
posted HERE), Marka27's massive 20" Bic Buddy made heads turn... and now almost a year later, this giant piece of vinyl is releasing at this years Designer-Con 2010, on November 20th at the Pasadena Convention Center. This will be available in both a solid white and solid black version, and can be purchased at the Bic Plastics booth for $199.95... if you have seen a 20" Dunny, this piece looks massive compared to it, and makes a great platform to do a custom on!
Amanda Visell's awesome Seahorse & Rider pop up on the net and now Tomenosuke-syoten has revealed that they got a really cool exclusive version of this figure featuring a beautiful white with gold trim seahorse with a "marching band" rider! This figure is limited to only 100 pieces and is up for grabs HERE right now for around $90!
Ian Ziobrowski just finished up a fantastic little commission piece he is calling the "Nuggy Eater" who has an appetite for not only those who get in his way, but for the greenest green! This is a custom 3" Dunny, and was painted up in a very meticulous fashion! According to Ian "Besides the police, he is a nuggs worst enemy, and you can find this guy scouting the forest in search for some fresh nuggs to claim on the regular." Keep your eyes peeled as Ian has a ton of customs to reveal in the coming few weeks!
Horrorwood just recently celebrate his 40th custom "Calling All Cars" paper toy and to continue with the celebration he has decided to release a jumbo version of the very first custom he received from the masterful Matt Hawkins. Matt’s design looked great before, but looks even wilder as a jumbo car... and the best part of this deal.. it's FREE to download and make, SWEET! So click HERE, print, glue and enjoy!
This week the Toy Break crew has Scott Tolleson on the couch for Wet Suit Maria, Spidermonkey, Nanodots, and much more! Slap together a salami sandwich and join em' for a Toy Break!
Toy Break Stuff
- I Remember Halloween Contest Winner - Thank you to Mini Cassette Tees, Wootini, and everyone who participated! Don't forget you can still pick up one of these limited edition posters at minicassettetees.com!
- Vamplet Contest - win your own cute little plush baby vampire! Vamplets are 10" tall and sell for $17 at vamplets.com - to participate, head over to the contest section on the forum and post your favorite vampire movie, book, internet series, comic, etc. - deadline is November 24
- Otis & Otto - by Scott Tolleson - Designer Con exclusive set limited to 150 pieces - $25
- Living Dead Dolls Nohell & Stocking - by Mezco - 10" tall holiday Living Dead Doll comes with stocking - limited to 666 pieces - $45
- 2010 Holiday Qee - by Toy2R - 2.5" holiday teddy bear Qee - pre-order now for $13
- Lunartik Mini Teas - by Matt JOnes - blindboxed mini vinyl figures launching at Forbidden Planet Mega store on Novmeber 20th - £7
- Blankie - by Aarting
- Wet-Suit Maria - Erick Scarecrow - 6" vinyl figure, NYCC exclusive green colorway limited to 200 pieces - $55
- Ultimate Spidermonkey - by Bandai - 4" action figure from Ben 10 - $7
- Nanodots - available in four colors: original, black, silver, and gold - $30 to $40 for a set of 216 Nanodots
- Sketchbot Show - tons of custom Sketchbots at Munky King in Los Angeles, CA on November 19th
- DesignerCon - annual art and design convention that smashes together collectible toys and designer apparel with urban, underground and pop art at the Padadena Convention Center in Pasadena, CA on November 20th
Toy Break Stuff
- Coupons - use the coupon code "ToyBreak10" for 10% off at tilteed.com and the code "TOYBREAK" for 20% off at Funkrush.com and OctoberToys.com!
- Contact us! - send us your questions, comments, ideas, news about upcoming events and toys!
- Call Toy Break at 818-Am-I-Good (818-264-4663)
- Twitter with Ayleen at twitter.com/AyleenGaspar at George at twitter.com/GeorgeGaspar
- Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/toybreak
- Toy Brief - don't miss more toy reviews and fun from yours truly on YouTube.com/toybreak!
- Support Toy Break around the web by subscribing to us on iTunes, leaving us feedback on iTunes, like us on Facebook, and digging us on digg.com!
TazX just sent over some pics of his recent custom, aptly named "Rusty Munny #2". Complete with hat and cellphone, this creepy guy has a smooth look to him, and reminds me of DrilOne's early work. I like it! Check out TazX's flickr for more pics of his rusty creations.