Thursday, October 21, 2010
Junko Mizuno is revered in the Gothic Kawaii/Kawaii Noir genre, a combination of all that is humorous and tragic. Juxtaposing childlike cuteness and horror, her demented nymphets are bold, colorful, erotic, morbid, yet at the same time comical. In this most recent body of work, Mizuno explores and plays with organic and decorative elements. Unleashing her nymphet terrors free to run amuck amongst blooming flora in a lush, exploding botanical oasis.
Mizna Wada is a illustrator and designer whose wide-eyed, cute yet creepy lolitas are inspired by the horror comics she read while growing up in Tokyo. Oftentimes, Wada brings her characters to life in the form of darling hand-made plush dolls. Fashioned head to toe, the beautifully adorned, one-of-a-kind and expertly crafted creations are nothing short of charming and an absolute delight.
210 E. Main St.
Alhambra, CA 91801
Source[Gallery Nucleus Press]
- Art Auction: 15 original works by... Shag - Lola - Ana Bagayan - Tiffany Liu - Bob Dob - Esther Watson - Cathie Bleck - Mark Todd and more!
- A Speakeasy Poker room: Small bucks for a big cause!
- Re-Gifting Raffle**
- Open Bar: sponsored by Blue Ice Vodka and Hansen's Natural Sodas
- Hint Mint Store (50% of all purchases donated to Avon Walk)
- Photo Booth
- ... and lots more minty goodness!
We posted up the artist collab that ZacPac and Medicom Toy Company ended up sponsoring between Jeff Soto and Maxx242 as they released some rad new Be@rbrick figures! Now, posted above is a video of the two artist talking about how they became involved in this project as well as the history that they have had doing art together!