Thursday, August 26, 2010
See the film. Meet the artists. Enjoy.
Tribeca Cinemas (One show only!)
Sat, Aug 28 at 8:20pm
Tickets: $8 - get them HERE
Yo-yo enthusiast Chris Hawley joins the Toy Break crew in taking a look at an artist edition yo-yo, Whiplash, a new AT-AT, Miss Mary Jane, and more! Get that sausage sizzling and join em' for a Toy Break!
- Tilteed Contest - win a gift certificate good for one free Tilteed shirt of your choice! Go check out tilteed.com/shop and then post your favorite design in the contest section on the forum! - deadline is September 15th
- Toy Break Call For Logos - post your logos in the contest section on the forum and you could win our undying appreciation and probably another surprise prize - please note that by posting a logo, you are consenting to our use of said logo on our website, for advertising purposes, potentially on merchandise in the future, etc. - deadline is TBD
- Chris Hawley Photography - photography by our guest, Chris Hawley
- Skulloctopus Bedlam Edition - by Bob Conge & J222 - this collaboration collection is limited to 10 sets of two custom figures each for $200 per set
- Domo 7" Qee - by Toy2R & Dark Horse - limited to 500 pieces of each design including Wood Grain, Glow in the Dark, Skeleton Edition, and Glitter Edition - $60
- 21" FabriQee Collection - by Toy2R - Doink Series available now! Plush line of Qee characters limited to 840 peices, available in 7 colors: Orange, Black, Red, Purple, White, Yellow and Blue through Apex Trading Company
- 8" Zombie Pirate Qee - by JonPaul Kaiser & Toy2R - limited to 500 pieces, coming in September, $65
- 5" Samurai Pumpkin Qee - by JonPaul Kaiser & Toy2R - new scale Qee available soon
- DIY Qee stickers - by Toy2R - reminder to show off your skills on the DIY Qee stickers that came with Qee Designer Colleciton Series 6 - color 'em, stick 'em, or scan them and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artist Edition Yo-Yo - by Chris Ryniak & Steve Brown Gallery - one in the ongoing artists series of wooden yo-yos - $15
- Whiplash - by Mattel & The Four Horsemen - August MotUC figure - $20
- Galactic Hero's AT-AT - by Hasbro - with electronic light and sounds - $40
- Miss Mary Jane - by Paigey & Patch Together - 8" resin figure - $60
- Power Morphicon - at the Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena, CA August 27th to 29th
- Past the Cosmos - solo show by Scott Tolleson at Screaming Sky Gallery in Portland, OR August 26th to September 19th
- Coupons - use the coupon code "ToyBreak10" for 10% off at tilteed.com and the code "TOYBREAK" for 20% off at Funkrush.com and OctoberToys.com!
- Contact us! - send us your questions, comments, ideas, news about upcoming events and toys!
- Call Toy Break at 818-Am-I-Good (818-264-4663)
- Twitter with Ayleen at twitter.com/spookyamd
- Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/toybreak
- Toy Brief - don't miss more toy reviews and fun from yours truly on YouTube.com/toybreak!
- Support Toy Break around the web by subscribing to us on iTunes, leaving us feedback on iTunes, like us on Facebook, and digging us on digg.com!
Red Carpet Kaiju features art and toys by:
Akoart (Japan), Alimana (Mexico), Blobpus (Japan), Bob Conge/Plaseebo, Carlos Enriquez Gonzalez (Venezuela), Emilio Garcia (Spain), Lil Japan, Ilanena (Japan), L’amour Supreme, LASH, Mark Nagata, Matt Walker, Paul Kaiju, Pico Pico (Japan), Toshikazu Nozaka (Japan), Tulip (Japan), Uamou (Japan), Velocitron (Japan), Yamazakura (Japan) and more.
Blobpus’s newest figure BERORON, a collaboration with Akoart and an exclusive run of Emilio Garcia’s JUMPING BRAIN vinyl figure. TAG will also be debuting their first vinyl figure in a new toy brand titled "TAGTOYS" with sneak previews of new figures: ALIEN ARGUS by Mark Nagata and HIEROPHANY by Carlos Enriquez Gonzalez, both made in luscious Japanese soft vinyl. The opening reception is September 4th 2010 from 7-11 PM, with artists in attendance, music, drinks, a food truck, giveaways, live video streaming, and more!
Toy Art Gallery
737 Seward St. #1
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Opening Reception: Thurs, August 26th 7-10pm
8.26.10 – 9.19.10
Munky King Melrose
7308 Melrose Ave. (x Poinsettia)
Los Angeles, CA 90046
I am really excited to see this figure come to life for Bucky, as when he was at the peak of his custom game many had wondered where his own figure was, or even if he thought of making one. It's really cool that Steve Talkowski jumped on board with this as well as he just finished up the same process of model making from concept to completion with his Sketchbot figure, plus he has some skills when it comes to 3D modeling and rapid prototyping!
HERE! Look for this figure to be in full production mode very soon because rumor has it, authorized bootlegger Dodgrr has been tasked with the resin replication of STUD!
Source [Steve Talkowski's Behance]
From the tag:
"Sweet purpley syrup on a stack of tasty waffles is harmless, right? Wrong! This once-good Ninja unknowingly ingested a ton of the wicked slop, and is now forever transformed into the Evil Syrup Ninja – a creature possibly even more evil than Mr. Demon himself!"
"Look deep into my eyes and you will see pure evil..."
When you order this $30 product you get...
A handmade 7" × 7" plush Ninja limited to 100 pcs.You can also purchase more Ninja of the Month merchandise like stickers, buttons, a poster and more, including a full SUBSCRIPTION, right over HERE. Read more about this NotM release at Ninjaofthemonth.com.
Signed and numbered fancy hang tag
Fun accessories – Dark Syrup spears and... a mysterious sash?!
A character sticker
A character button
Info from the very great, and amazing DKE Toys. For Wholesale Inquiries about this awesome product please contact www.dketoys.com.
September 11 - September 29, 2010
Reception: Saturday, September 11, 6:30 - 10:00
2062 Sawtelle Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025