Thursday, June 18, 2009
The advance release of Mask Mouse Murphy will certainly be sought after and highly collectible with only 200 pieces available. Step right up… hurry, hurry! This is a crazy looking figure and I think it will sell out fast, I am really digging the monochromatic tones with this years Mindstyle selections for SDCC09, gonna be an awesome event!
"The Parade Ring" Cheshire Cat has officially pounced on Los Angeles and is already warming up to prep for next season's journey! Make sure you nab this purple and gold creation to cherish your most triumphant moments in basketball history--as well as enjoy season after season! Whether perched by your television set during playoff parties or displayed in your professional office space, "The Parade Ring" Cheshire Cat will represent your old-school loyalty to the best basketball team in the world and your presence in the great city of Los Angeles!
"The Ring" Cheshire Cat by Span of Sunset X Disney is 8" and will arrive with its highly coveted custom box. Produced in a limited quantity and retailing for $60!
Info from the very great, and amazing DKE Toys. For Wholesale Inquiries about this awesome product please contact www.dketoys.com.
The collection will be available in a range of sizes:
•Our classic 2.5” Qee featuring the patented keychain attachment. Available in a blind box assortment made up of two different shades of design: Light wood and dark wood. The collection will include 6 classic Qee characters: Bear, Cat, Dog, Mon, Bunee and the Toyer.
•8” and 9” Qees will be available as limited edition series – great for display in the home, office or anywhere. Packaged in window boxes – each box will have eye catching designs – making them true treasures.
• 16” Collection – perfect for home décor, these oversized pieces make quite a design statement. The 16” Qee Bear will be the first release followed by future characters.
Each of these collections are produced with the highest quality that TOY2R is famous for. The Qee is conservation and preservation. Currently available for preorder at your respectable TOY2R website, these are amazing looking and really almost capture what customizers have been doing to these platforms for some time now, but this time they are production pieces. I really dig the simplicity of it, and I guarentee these will sell!
This week the Toy Break Crew looks at Alex Pardee's Walrus Rider, Mellowtron, Obie the Alien Space Cadet by John McCormack and much more! Grab a bagel, top with cream cheese, and join us for a Toy Break!
- Abraham Obama Bust Contest - 16" gold version Abraham Obama Bust by Ron English, limited to 50 pieces, $200, brought to you by 3DRetro.com - to enter, head over to the forum and post a picture of yourself dressed up as your favorite president - be creative and submit a photo, drawing, photoshoped image, etc! - deadline is June 17th
- Toy Break MP3 - use the "mp3" link above to download just the audio from this episode
- Treeson and Other Stories Series 1 - by Crazy Label - 3" blindbox figures are debuting at the Taipei Toy Festival in July - there are 8 figures in the series and will be about $9 each
- Dragon Boy - by Sam Flores & Upper Playground - 10" tall, three piece figure limited to 500 pieces - currently up for pre-order for $115
- Ducksauce - by The Sucklord & DynomightNYC - 3.75" custom figures limited to 35 pieces - available now for $35
- Homeless Michael Myers - Rob Zombie recently posted pictures on his blog of this new action figure by Mezco based on Michael Myers from his upcoming H2 movie - no word on availability or price yet
- No Little Big Planet Figures - Mezco recently announced the cancellation of the Little Big Planet Figures announced earlier this year at Toy Fair - no reasons were given
- New Paper Totem! Designs - by Dolly Oblong - found over at PlasticandPlush.com, Dolly Oblong has several new Paper Totem! designs by several artists including Chobopop, Horrorwood, Ithinkp., Triclops, and more
- Walrus Rider - by Alex Pardee - 11", three-legged monster with two faced rider - limited to 500 pieces - $75
- Mellowtron - by Jessie Vogel, Bill Brown, & Patrick Moberg - limited to 100 pieces, $35
- Obie the Alien Space Cadet - by John McCormack & Devil's Head Productions - 11" figure in orange (400 pieces) or pink (80 pieces) - $60
- Hordak - by Mattel - ninth figure from the Masters of the Universe Classics line - $20 - sold out
- Choking Hazard - running concurrently with Print! Bomb! Show Me Your Munny! featuring printmakers, graffiti artists and custom vinyl toys, check out over 80 custom 1" MiniGwins at Instinct Gallery in Des Moines, IA from June 13th
- Dr. Sketchy's - alternative life drawing for $10 at Medusa Lounge in Los Angeles, CA on Sunday June 21st from 7 to 10 pm
- 20% Off Coupons - use the coupon code "TOYBREAK" for 20% off at TenaciousToys.com, Funkrush.com, and OctoberToys.com!
- Contact us! - send us your questions, comments, ideas, news about upcoming events and toys!
- Call Toy Break at 818-Am-I-Good (818-264-4663)
- Twitter with Ayleen at twitter.com/spookyamd
- Toy Brief - don't miss more toy reviews and fun from yours truly on YouTube.com/toybreak!
- Support Toy Break around the web by subscribing to us on iTunes, leaving us feedback on iTunes, and digging us on digg.com!
Legendary artist Gary Baseman talks about his decision to follow his passion full time and gives us a look at his newest gallery show at the Corey Helford Gallery! Thanks for the heads up on this from our friend Tamika, who actually worked on this video to make it possible. Check out her site Candid Cartel HERE, which is a rocking blog about art and culture!
OBEY ARKITIP ALIFE from Arkitip on Vimeo.
Shepard Fairey is arguably the most famous artist of the Arkitip alumni group, and could quite possibly be the artist most remembered of his generation. Arkitip celebrates Shepard's methods not only because they are beautiful and effective but also because he took on the mainstream art establishment and after 20 long years, he seems to be winning.
This issue will be truly historic, as we celebrate 20 Years of Shepard's seminal 'Obey' campaign. Because Shepard has not been a guest of Arkitip magazine since issue edition No. 0003, this reunion collaboration has been long overdue and is a guaranteed to be another groundbreaking Arkitip classic.
Also to note that OBEY x Arkitip x ALIFE will be having an issue Edition Release Party and Art Installation! The opening reception will be on Friday, June 19, 2009 from 7 - 10 p.m. and this show will run through 19 June - 12 July 2009. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Space Fifteen Twenty
1520 N. Cahuenga Blvd Suite 10
Los Angeles, CA 90028
This show is going down at ddr projects located in beautiful Long Beach California next month, July 11th 2009. This list of artists is great, and their work for this show is truly inspirational.
Asako Inada • Ayako Sakanishi • CHANMEN • Katope • Kazuhiko Ito • Kiyoshi Nakazawa • LiLJAPAN • Mike Oshite • Naoki Koiwa • Yoshimi Sugiyama
Once again another great art show! This one captures the new and old style of Japanese contemporary art as well as some flavors of the modern style. If you can make it out for this do it, it will be a great show!
DDR Projects Gallery
3403 E Broadway
Long Beach CA 90803
Zeptonn, David Lanham, Reuben Rude, Etsu Meusy and Paulo Arraiano kick things off with the first original art pieces being released as part of the project. Their works are immediately available as laptop skins, iPhone skins, car decals, desktop wallpaper, iPhone wallpaper, t-shirts and even Personas for your Firefox browser. And come mid-July they will introduce an open design challenge for creating the second set of art in the series. Anyone interested in making the internet a better place with their art is welcome to participate.
Do we really believe that the Internet is a public resource that should remain open and accessible to all? Indeed we do. So much so, that as part of this project Infectious and their contributing artists are donating 20% of sales to the Mozilla Foundation. Now do your part... go get some art now.
Custom Might Muggs show put on by The Labyrinth. You are free to do whatever you want in terms of detailing the figure. Original characters of your own, or renditions of existing characters that you would like to try out are both acceptable. You can use paint, markers,.. glue on props, etc.. the more creative, the better. The deadline will be announced soon, but expect to have about 1 month or so.
Once all the figures are in, we will host an art show to showcase all the customized figures in our shop. Anyone can enter, but we reserve the right to choose which figures goes in and which don't. If your creation looks good, we will not refuse it. We know that's subjective, but that's how it has to be. More info can be found HERE!
1. get a blank figure - we have them in shop now.
2. design your figure ( you can use the template on this blog)
3. design original characters or your very own design
4. paint/draw on the blank figure to make your design come to life.
5. take photos as you go -so we can post process images on the blog once the show goes up.
6. when you are done, submit an image of the finished figure to us so we can let you know if you are part of the show. We don't anticipate saying no too often, but reserve the right to do so.
7. The final deadline will be announced soon, but expect it to be in a few weeks.
Email email@example.com if you have more questions, and thanks to Emily for the heads up on this!
In what is probably the first case of an urban vinyl character getting his own line of coffee, DEADY, that evil teddy bear immortalized in vinyl by Toy2R, now has a flavored java of his own. Made by Coffee Shop of Horrors, "Deady's Necroberry Darkness", as it's called "is a rich, delicious coffee infused with the very essence of necroberries and darkness!" Apparently, Necroberries, "imported from Deady's home world, the cemetery planet of Necronus" taste exactly like our raspberries and "darkness" tastes mysteriously like hazelnut. The art on the package was dawn by Voltaire, Deady's creator. The coffee, which comes in half-pound bags sells for $9.99 (that's 666 upside down!) and is available on the Coffee Shop of Horrors website as well as at Voltaire's Web store.
Drinking lots of his own coffee has paid off for DEADY who will see a handful of new vinyl toy releases before the end of the year.
Right now, we're celebrating that range of expression with three different takes on comedy- Thursday with bold symbols, text on Friday, and Saturday with an amazing illustration. Which one suits your character? Get ready for these designs starting today only on TeeFury!