Tuesday, September 16, 2008
From Stefan's Blog:
He's a somewhat different monster from the ones we've seen so far --- clearly a man of mystery and ghoul. Or so it seems to me. What do you think is going on here? If you have a minute to speculate, I'd love it if you'd...
This show never ceases to amaze me...you have probably seen this skit before, but it cracks me up every time I watch it so...ENJOY!
We’re very concerned. We always knew Alex Pardee (Juxtapoz cover #79) was a little “off” and simply helped him create his marvelously disturbed imagery (which we always just assumed was a product of his over-consumption of horror movies starting at a young age) but this new never-before-seen footage exposes a much more frightening possibility: Treeple!Known for his artwork...illustrations/paintings/plush/vinyl, Alex Pardee is now taking a "stab" at some short films this one titled "Night of the Treeple". This cracked me up...reason being I went to college up in Northern California i.e. Redding CA, where the "Treeple" are from...and I will tell you what...I am not surprised! Great video, and very fun to watch!
And you thought trees were safe? Such ignorance. Pardee has proven toxic trees seem to actually be the source of much of the bizarre behavior affecting many of the people in society today. Explains so much doesn’t it?
Beware: Night Of The Treeple may just be coming to a town or forest near you, or (gasp!) as you read this warning, Treeple may even already be on their way to you!
Info from the A.L.I.C.E. Gallery site:
In this series of paintings I explore the chaos and consequence of modern culture and its effects on the human population in terms of personal voids, balance and the uniformity of the individual. I'm specifically interested in cultural adaptation and in perceptions of the necessities of survival, real and imagined. I present the figure in a fragmented form to put emphasis on the disembodiment of our true identities using compositions in red to convey a sense of tension and blue to evoke a feeling of balance — in this context, I especially enjoy the fact that these are complementary colors.Opening Reception: Saturday, September 20th
A.L.I.C.E. Gallery welcomes back Dave Kinsey for his second solo exhibition of new works on canvas and panels.
September 20th - October 25th, 2008
Opening Reception: Saturday, September 20th, 2008 - 6:00 p.m.
Awesome video that I found on BoingBoing!
I really dig this style of animation...where it is a real world scene with animation on top of it, almost like we are living in symbiotics with cartoons...a la "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". I hope you all get as much enjoyment as I have!
This short work is a music video he created for the Swedish electronica band Minilogue. The track is "Animals," and the video features colorful critter-blobs wreaking hyperfun havoc all over an urban real-life-scape.
Show Notes - We have the Time Keepers from the Four Horsemen, Chef Duff Minimate, Sleestaks from Funko, news, Funkrush shirts, and much more! Get your carrot shake ready and enjoy a Toy Break with us!
* If you've ever stood in line for a movie, go watch The Line. Awesome!
- Purple Scavenger Contest - Win an exclusive Dragon Con purple Scavenger by Kathy Olivas just by heading over to the forum and posting a picture of yourself with your Scavenger collection! - deadline is October 1st
- Small Toy Break Download - just use the "small mp4" link above for a lower resolution, smaller version (320 x 240) of Toy Break at about half the size in megabytes
- Toy Break on Blip.tv - reminder to update your Flash player to fully enjoy watching Toy Break on Blip.tv!
- Funkrush Shirts - UK based shirt company with tons of great designs by your favorite artists plus you can save 20% with the discount code "TOYBREAK"
- Stylized Leatherface - by Mezco - 9" Leatherface with 13 points of articulation, real clothing, and comes complete with chainsaw, bucket of glistening gore, bloody mallet, bone handle knife, and removable apron - pre-order now for $30
- Atomic Mushroom Gas Money Sale - all prices have been reduced by $5 for a limited time!
- Monskey Series 2.5 Giveaway - you can win five of the series 2.5 Monskeys, one of the new giant toys, and a limited edition Monskey made especially for Super Art Fight by posting a comment on the blog at Angry Zen Master - the contest runs until September 19th - check out the Monskeys at monskey.us
- Watchmen Movie Series 2 - by DC Direct - series 2 features four action figures including The Comedian, Dr. Manhattan, classic Nite Owl, and classic Silk Spectre (the Minutemen) - expected to ship in February 2009 - pre-order the set for $65
- Guitar Hero Action Figures - by McFarlane - the first series of four figures including Johnny Napalm, Lars Umlaut, Axel Steel, and the God of Rock should be available in October for between $10 and $15 each
- That New Toy Smell - welcome to a new toy show on the internet called That New Toy Smell!